We understand the growing concern surrounding the continued spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across the communities we serve. Therefore, the health and safety of our patients, doctors, and staff is our top priority.
Our office is open!! to serve patients with any condition that may includes consultation, dental pain, inflammation, abscess with lymphadenopathy or a dental infection-, dento-alveolar trauma .
As the situation evolves, we are keeping up with and following the recommendations of the CDC, WHO, State , local health departments and the American Dental Association.
Patients with Upcoming Appointments
To further protect our patients and staff, we ask that you are mindful of the following precautions
We must reschedule your appointment for a future date if:
- You or a family member had any internationally airline travel in the past 3 weeks or on any cruise ship vacation
- You or a family member had any interstate travel in the past 3 weeks
- You or a family member have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 4 weeks or to a person under diagnosis
- You or your family member are experiencing any of the symptoms listed below:
- Shortness of breath
- Flu-like symptoms
If you have symptoms we advise you to contact your primary physician or public health department as soon as possible to determine appropriate actions. If you had Covid -19 we will send you an specific questionary.
* Higher Risk Patients
As the virus continues to spread, we want to protect and safeguard our most vulnerable patients:
- 70 plus year-olds
- The elderly
- Patients with serious chronic medical conditions like cardiovascular, heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease.
- Patients with cancer, organ transplant, immune deficiency, and those on medications that suppress their immune system.
- Compromised immune system
Elderly and higher-risk patients should consider changing any non-urgent visits to a later date.
Potential Disruptions to Our Regular Schedule
- Depending on community trends regarding COVID-19, our office may reduce patient load or close with short notice.
- We will notify you if it is necessary to temporarily close our office or special open hours will be placed.
For your appointment
- We are not permitting companions in the waiting area. If a caregiver is needed (true reason), only one person will be allowed.
- You will need to wash your hands before coming into the office and at the office.
- Following American Dental Association, we are including temperature readings as part of routine assessments of patients and every patient will rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide before dental evaluation or treatment.
How EMC Endodontics and Microsurgery Center is preparing for COVID-19?
- Our primary duty is to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff by preventing the spread of the infection at our office and our community.
- We are continuously monitoring, reviewing and improving our response as the situation evolves.
- We are keeping all employees updated with any new recommendations for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- We are increasing awareness and monitoring our staff for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- We are proactively alerting patients to reschedule appointments if necessary.
- Patients and staff members are practicing safe hand hygiene.
- Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds already the standard for infection control following all CDC recommendations and latest protocols of sterilization, disinfection and the use of physical barriers.
- We continue using the personal single use protective disposable material including gloves, gowns and disposable facemasks
- We use a rubber dam for endodontic procedures and this is decreasing possible exposure to infectious agents to patients and staff.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting the waiting area frequently, including door handles, chairs, and bathrooms.
- We downloaded and optimized our schedule to avoid waiting time and to keep our waiting area with a very low number of patients.
We will be updating this information as new details become available. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office.
Paula Mendez M, DDS
Board Certified Endodontist